I have to start off by saying I am obsessed with this month’s black bag! It’s a nice switch up from the monthly white bags. Although I received a few items this month, that I already own or use, I did also receive some new products I will continue to use and purchase after my samples are used up. Without further ado, let’s get into my last Sephora Play Box of 2016!
1. Sephora Cream Lip Stain in ‘Always Red’, $14: I already own this shade and highly recommend it! When I worked in retail, one of my sales associates came in wearing it one day and I thought it was the most beautiful shade of red lipstick I had ever seen. It’s a very vibrant and the perfect shade of red. I was so surprised when she told me it was Sephora’s. I bought it that same day and have been growing my Sephora collection ever since. These liquid lipsticks are very pigmented, lightweight on the lips and long lasting! Sephora also recently expanded this line and released many new shades, so go check them out!
2. Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Make-up Setting Spray, $31: I already own this too and it has been my holy grail for many years now. I should be getting commission from how many girls I have introduced this product to! This setting spray not only does an amazing job at expanding the wear of my make-up, it keeps my face matte as well, which is important for someone like myself with combo-oily skin. I can’t wait to purchase a new bottle in the updated packaging Urban Decay recently released.
3. Dry Bar Detox Dry Shampoo, $23: I bought a Tresemme dry shampoo in college. It was the new product at the moment and of course, I had to try it out. I don’t think I really understand how to use it correctly, so ever since then I just stayed away from dry shampoos. My hair doesn’t really get oily ever, so I don’t really have a reason to use a dry shampoo for that purpose. However, I might try this one a couple of days into my next blow out and see what it does for my hair.
4. Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara, $30: My needs in a mascara are simple – volume and length. This mascara achieves just that! I love that this mascara seems to be a darker shade of black which is perfect for a night time, smokey eye look. 🙂
5. Makeup Forever Step 1 Skin Equalizer Primer, $37: I’m always skeptical to try new primers as I already have my go-tos, which I listed in my December Ipsy Bag post as well. This primer is meant to help makeup last longer while balancing your skin’s texture to create a smooth, even look. This particular primer wasn’t the greatest for my skin type but I would like to try the Makeup Forever Mattifying primer that is curated for oily skin. I’ve read great reviews about it and I am anxious to try it!
Fragrance Sample: Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon., $85: I am already a fan of the Nirvana fragrances, so I was excited to receive Nirvana Bourbon this month as I am already obsessed with Nirvana Rose. I have received compliments when I have wore this fragrance as well as Nirvana Rose and will definitely be purchasing full-sized bottles soon. It is safe to say the new Nirvana fragrances will be my go-to winter scents. 🙂
Thank you for reading this blog post! Don’t forget to subscribe and comment!
Follow me on social!